Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Laser System Design Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Laser System Design Lead will manage the full lifecycle of core systems design activity from the elicitation of customer needs through system design to equipment certification of the Novel Laser System demonstrator.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing (but not limited to)
- Managing and directing the definition of a completely new system architecture
- Ownership and control of all system design activities for the Laser Capability Development Program (CDP), including the system functional architecture & all system functional interfaces
- Definition of system level requirements and decomposition of technical requirements into subsystems
- Be the authority in the team for systems design queries, and defining the system design approach
- Influence the future development of Laser programmes, ensuring architectural commonality across all domains
- Provide technical input to definition of future concepts, and review concepts for credibility and feasibility
- Manage and deliver certification documentation to enable equipment use across multiple trial events.
- Lead the delivery of multiple internal and customer deliverables including issue of system design baselines, and interim and final technical reports
- Experience of the full lifecycle from initial customer requirements through to equipment certification and demonstration.
- Experience of multidisciplinary inter-company team management.
- Good Degree in an engineering field
- Design and certification in the early phases of the CADMID cycle
- Experience of DOORS, IBM Rhapsody or UML would be beneficial
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment