Salary: Up to £48,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Systems Engineer will be joining a programme that is just completing a two-year pre-development phase study to mature and de-risk the system design to provide a brand-new capability. The programme is also now going through a major bid activity for the next phases of development, with contract award expected this year.
The Systems Engineer would be joining a well-established team with a great team spirit; the team has a wealth of experience that has been built up over the many years of development and in-service support, providing a great opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience of the defence domain, with everyone more than willing to share knowledge with others.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- Supporting the development of the project requirement baseline, including flowing-down, and supporting the agreement of sub-system requirements, ensuring a coherent and consistent system design.
- Supporting the development of the key interface baselines, including the data exchange specifications, requiring engagement with the C2, CMS and radar design authorities.
- Supporting the progression of technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies, and any key supporting system design studies required to de-risk the system design.
- Supporting key design reviews.
- Supporting the early system design verification and validation activities for the project, including supporting the development of a qualification strategy.
- Engagement with sub-system design authorities.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualification in an electronics or science related subject
- Systems engineering background with some awareness and experience of different phases of the CADMID cycle from concept to manufacture, but with a focus on concept and assessment phases, including generating TRSs, interface definitions and early V&V planning.
- Awareness of industry standard systems engineering processes.
- Ability to communicate with peers and external partner community.
- Ability to produce concise, coherent, and detailed technical reports of a high quality.
- Ability to work confidently in the face of ambiguity and multiple conflicting priorities to be able to identify the priority tasks is desirable.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.