Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career working with and designing cutting edge equipment, and associated systems used within the UK defence sector? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join an expanding team that engage in developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
You will be working on a key product, where the project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence as well as functional enhancements.
You’ll be joining a focussed, agile team who are highly driven to deliver a highly complex product for a key domestic/export customer, on time, on cost and to the quality the business is renowned for. The sub-system team is relatively small, and colleagues work very closely, supporting each other to ensure continuous commitment to delivery is maintained.
The sub-system team works as part of a wider Function, responsible for delivering a multitude of projects and you will have the opportunity to work across many of these projects during your career.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
The role includes:
- Working closely with many external partners, these include several areas within the Ministry of Defence.
- Additionally, you will have the opportunity to…
- Work across a large range of the product lifecycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities.
- Work with international colleagues and local SMEs to build a sound understanding of the underlying principles of the system.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the end user
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated systems engineer, working on-site but within a hybrid on-site/virtual team.
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with significant recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential (use of RTC is highly beneficial)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment both physically and virtually is essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within one working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.