Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Certification Lead to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Systems Certification Lead will join a motivated, enthusiastic, and dynamic team during a key phase of the development programme. A successful applicant will lead a team in the delivery of Certificates of Design on behalf of the Chief Engineer and Chief Systems Engineer, while working within the Platform Integration and Export Group. The role covers at least two Aircraft Integration contracts as well as an export programme.
The Systems Certification lead will be able to expand and develop their role by gaining key experience in; managing the delivery of multiple contracts in parallel, developing an understanding of the system under certification, leading a team and training others as well as project and resource management, and a career growth path which rewards individuals with the capability to deliver while meeting the aims of the group.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Lead the Certification of Platform Integration variants of a highly complex weapon system.
- Lead the commissioning, collection and reporting of Certification evidence using the IBM DOORS requirements management tool.
- Delivery of certification tasks that will require engagement with other internal teams, tracking the progress of evidence as its generated and reporting this progress to the Chief Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer, and the MoD.
- The role may also include supporting other tasks in the Platform Integration and Export Group such as:
- Supporting in-service operation by responding to user queries
- Reviewing technical information from internal subject matter experts
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree, HND or HNC qualified in a relevant technical discipline with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Ability to influence a wide range of external stakeholders (MOD and Platform Authorities)
- Experience of delivering system design certificates, liaising, and negotiating with project and equipment teams to gain their inputs.
- A sound understanding of Design Verification and Certification process at overall system and sub-system level.
- Experience of generating and capturing certification evidence into compliance statements.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues and priorities concurrently.
- Previous experience of delivering trial clearance and/or design certification documentation.
- People and/or task management experience (expected to develop during the role).
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.