Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 P/A + benefits (Bonus, Pension & More)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a technical team leader in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) for a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The role directly supports the Head of Department by helping to define the vision and drive the direction of MBSE capability within the business. The role will play a critical part in assuring the provision of education, training and support to the business, projects, and individuals, supporting Weapon Systems, Missile Design and Equipment.
Primary responsibility is to provide expert advice on all aspects of MBSE and provide projects with access to such expertise. Particular emphasis is on developing MBSE best practice and supporting the business in its application.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and delivering team activities, and the professional development of the team members. The department applies Agile approaches to managing workload and output, so the successful candidate will be the Scrum Master, and will develop and facilitate the agile delivery approach across SE&DC.
- Provision of in-project consultancy style support to key projects, in particular during their start-up phase, tailored to project needs to ensure maximum project benefit is obtained from best practice use
- Assessment of current expertise relating to core Systems Engineering techniques and developing/delivering process improvement and behavioural change to teams.
- Travel internationally in order to maintain a close International working relationship with other NATCO’s Systems and Software Capability teams. Specifically, by leading the UK’s representation at the International MBSE Workshops and RMFA/GMFA working groups.
- Acting as department lead for International ALM activities.
- Specialist in Systems Engineering with a sound understanding of state-of-the-art model-based systems engineering tools and techniques and their application in the systems engineering domain.
- Significant experience of full lifecycle issues on major projects and significant understanding of design for cost and the effect of through life cost issues.
- Ability to challenge, motivate and lead a team delivering a diverse set of services, making difficult prioritisation decisions and managing partners from across the company (UK and Group level)
- Ability to apply yourself to solve systemic problems using a variety of systems thinking approaches to deliver the best outcome for the business.
- Knowledge of IBM ALM applications would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Agile and how to apply it at scale would be highly advantageous.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment