Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Overtime, Bonus and Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Application Engineer to join the Application & Tools team within the Systems Engineering & Capability Department of an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Systems Application Engineer will involve supporting projects in their use of current and emerging systems engineering toolsets, whilst concurrently being actively involved in developing and promoting best practice usage to improve efficiency and consistency across UK projects.
As a key part of a small, fast-moving critical capability team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of projects, functions, and key stakeholders at all levels of the business to build a broad understanding of the company, as well as collaborate and meet with international capability teams to share, leverage, and implement coherent approaches.
The Systems Application Engineer will be joining a team of experienced Systems Engineers who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering. They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include but not limited to:
Key individual responsibilities include:
- Support the high availability / multi project / high speed Windows Grid (High Performance) Computing Facility infrastructure
- Deliver project specific support as arranged by Projects and the System Engineering Application Team Lead
- Project experience within a Systems or Software Engineering Collaborative environment, ideally with experience of systems engineering toolsets (e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody, RTC)
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities whilst concurrently interfacing with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong desire for the continuous improvement of the approach to systems engineering, helping projects delivery their commitments.
- Ability to learn new technologies and support the work undertaken by the Application & Tools Team to introduce these for multi project use.
- Ideally, experience in a simulation and modelling environment either gained from being an active user or being an administrator of multi-core high memory networked workstations and/or high-performance computing/high memory cluster configurations.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, plus at least 3 years relevant experience.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment