Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for Systems Engineer working on complex Radar modelling & Simulation projects to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to join a growing team to perform activities including modelling, algorithm development and systems studies. There are roles available across multiple programmes entering their assessment phases, working to develop and deliver cutting edge technologies including Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and highly integrated multi-mode sensors.
You will have the scope to get involved in a variety of systems tasks, and plenty of opportunities to innovate and drive the technical scope of the programmes. We are a specialist and diverse team, so you’ll also be able to develop your skills and will be fully supported in doing so.
There will be excellent progression and development opportunities within a flexible engineering team, with Interaction across a large multi-national team including potential travel opportunities. This is a genuinely varied and interesting role, delivering innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
As part of the role, you will be involved in several activities including many of the following:
- Modelling in MATLAB and Simulink using model-based design techniques
- Producing components of a complex model including simulation of the RF environment, hardware, and processor algorithms
- Development of algorithms within the model
- Interacting with a wide network of stakeholders across multiple domains.
- Producing and verifying auto-code for the software algorithms from the model
- Undertaking and documenting system studies and performance analysis
- Encouraging innovation – for example improved agile methods, process improvements, and use of machine learning / AI in the products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally Degree qualified in a technical discipline such as electronics, physics, Mathematics, or Systems Engineering.
- Experience in some of the following
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and ideally Simulink)
- Algorithm development, Data analysis and / or technical report writing
- Desirable experience:
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Experience in developing complex models in Simulink (including embedded MATLAB)
- Experience in model verification, configuration control and model release process
- CAD Manipulation
- Machine Learning and AI
Please Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.