Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Salary: Up to £50,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Modelling Lead to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage or Bristol. This role will be very important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Systems Modelling Lead and People Manager to lead an RF Systems Modelling and Performance team. As part of a wider systems team, you will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of system capabilities, using model-based systems engineering processes, and auto-coding to rapidly iterate the design and achieve the required performance of the System.
The System Modelling Lead will have the opportunity to develop your career and gain the exposure to some incredible technologies and products. There will also be excellent progression and development opportunities within a flexible engineering team. This is a genuinely varied and interesting role, delivering innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Modelling in MATLAB and Simulink using model-based design techniques
- Managing a Complex Seeker model including simulation of the RF environment, Seeker hardware and processor algorithms
- Task Package Management
- Development of algorithms within the model
- Interacting with a wide network of customers across multiple domains.
- Producing and verifying auto-code for the software algorithms from the model
- Managing system studies and performance analysis
- Ownership of Processes and model deliverables.
- Facilitating team development in modelling practices and algorithm design
- Assessing system performance through the models against the requirements
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally a degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Science related subject.
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and Simulink)
- Experience in Verification & Validation, configuration control and model release processes
- Team Leadership and People Management
- Good communication and stakeholder management
- Data analysis and technical report writing
- Desirable experience:
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Algorithm development
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.