Base Salary: Up to £32,000 – Dependant on Experience plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 (Average per week)
Working with a global defence leader, we are currently recruiting for a Support Equipment Engineer who will be working on a range of long term national and international projects. This role will see you work on day-to-day duties such as maintenance engineering of Ballast for submarines (large concrete cylinders), testing on lifting points, grit blasting, and paint spraying.
The Support Equipment Engineer will also be responsible for engineering work such as preventative and corrective maintenance on Surface Support equipment (SSE) which is predominantly heavy lifting equipment.
As an engineer, you will still be hands on and will not directly line manage any technicians. However, you will be a point of technical authority and knowledge, and have greater responsibility than technicians. You will lead small teams and take responsibility for delivery of maintenance work. The successful applicant will have a rewarding engineering career in a highly stimulating defence environment.
Support Equipment Engineer responsibilities
- Conduct tasks to support Submarine and shore based Strategic Weapon systems (SWS) and equipment.
- Work as a fully integrated member of the Support team. This may involve travel to other UK and USA sites.
- Assist technicians and engineers in corrective / preventative maintenance and load testing of lifting equipment.
- Attend required facility training as assigned by the training profile.
- Potential to become qualified as an instructor, depending on training, exposure, and experience.
- Working in a highly prescriptive environment whilst adhering to all maintenance and health and safety documentation.
Support Equipment Engineer skills and qualifications
- Experience in leading teams / Team player.
- Understand the need to take ownership of tasks through to completion.
- Be qualified to minimum HNC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Have a "hands on" engineering background.
- Proficient in using of Microsoft Office Software suite, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Pro-active approach to providing solutions to emergent challenges.
- Strong time management.
Due to UK national security requirements, applications are sought from UK citizens only. We cannot progress applications from non-UK citizens or those holding dual nationality.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment