Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Simulation & Modelling team Leader? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Team Leader for a world leading business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please get in touch.
You will join a Simulation & Modelling team as a Team Leader and deliver modelling software on a large, established technical programme. You’ll oversee the delivery of existing models as well as new models for a range of future and emerging needs. The Simulation & Modelling Team Leader will manage a small team and interact with a wide range of functions and teams throughout the business, ensuring variety in your role.
The Simulation and Modelling team is a growing department with opportunities to work across a range of interesting areas on products and capability development.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- You will understand mathematical models and their application in an engineering environment and be able to effectively prioritise your workload and support your team to deliver.
- You will work closely with project teams across concept, development and in service modelling products
- You will need to fully understand the modelling process and how it fits into the wider processes of projects and other functions and the value it adds
- You will help develop the team to meet the demands of the projects but also embed the latest best practices
- You will gain leadership and management experience in a technical context with potential development routes to Group Leader roles
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Understanding and experience of mathematical models and their applications
- Coding experience (ideally in C and Fortran but knowledge of these is not essential)
- Team management experience
- Ability to manage stakeholders and prioritise conflicting requirements
- While not essential, it would be beneficial if you had experience with MATLAB/ Simulink, MBSE, and engineering processes such as configuration control)
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.