Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
It is an exciting time to be joining the company, as the business is expanding during a time of economic uncertainty, and the successful Simulation and Modelling Engineer will become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
The Simulation and Modelling team is central to the design and development of many highly complex products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process.
These simulations may be used to support;
- Initial feasibility and concept proving studies
- Design development and trade-off studies
- Hardware in the Loop, algorithm and software activities
- Trials programmes, including trials predictions, and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation
- Full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes
Duties include but are not limited to:
- As an experienced engineer you will be responsible for design, development and integration of models and components to support programmes within the business.
- You will take a lead in ensuring that model design and architecture is fit for current needs and scalable and extendable to allow incorporation of future requirements and growth.
- Provide support to other team members in overcoming complex issues within models and software and providing advice on model and software design best practice.
- You will be expected to engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
- You will be able to act as a point of contact for Simulation and Modelling interactions with other teams
- An appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters’ e.g. Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- A proven track record in the following:
- Simulation & Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects
- High level programming languages, e.g. FORTRAN, C, Ada
- The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow
- Ability to produce a computer simulation (Simulink model) from a mathematical specification
- A keen understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process
- Ideally will have knowledge and experience of Software Design or Software Construction
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment