Salary: £30,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol.
The Simulation & Modelling Engineer will join a team who develop and maintain performance models to evaluate and prove sophisticated missile and weapon systems. The Simulation & Modelling team have responsibility for model development and maintenance in the following domains:
- Management of performance models and studies
- Mathematical modelling of high performance, dynamic systems (including sub system components and system environment)
- Verification and validation
This role has the opportunity for international travel, involvement in projects for national security, as well as further professional growth in line with personal development plans available when required.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- You will be responsible for development of aspects of the performance model to support key programmes.
- You will be responsible for their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation as well as maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards.
- You will be highly autonomous and will be able to act as a point of contact for the teams’ interactions with the other project teams e.g., Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- A Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g., MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g., FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g., Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve sophisticated problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems.
- have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.