Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer / Performance Modelling Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Simulation & Modelling Engineer / Performance Modelling Engineer will work with a team of engineers who develop and maintain performance models to evaluate and prove complex systems.
It is an exciting time to be joining the company, as the business is expanding during a time of economic uncertainty, and the successful Performance Modelling Engineer will become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
The Performance Modelling team is central to the design and development of many highly complex products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for development of aspects of the performance model to support key programmes.
- You will be responsible for their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation as well as maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards.
- You will be highly autonomous and will be able to act as a point of contact for the teams’ interactions with the other project teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
- Ideally degree qualified with preferably a strong Mathematical content
- Ability to undertake technical activities and quickly understanding complex technical problems.
- An aptitude for Simulation and Modelling activities would be beneficial
- Should have, or are prepared to gain, a good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change management and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g. Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment