Senior PCBA Engineer
Salary: Up to £43,000 (dependent on experience)
Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Flexible working arrangements
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior PCBA Engineer. The company is an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Senior PCBA Engineer role:
The Senior PCBA is responsible for various technical aspects of CCA/PCBA. This will involve working on continuous improvement activities, representing the manufacturing team at various technical forums and solve technical problems.
The opportunity also allows an individual to grow their knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.
Senior PCBA Engineer experience required:
- Formal further education certificate to HND or equivalent in a relevant subject or technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Experience in Circuit Card Manufacturing or Design
- Knowledge of CCA/PCBA Processes and Technologies
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to process improvements
- Proficient in computer and internet use, including proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office Suite & manufacturing systems such as: ERP systems, Manufacturing Execution System etc.
- Training in IPC J Std-001 and IPC-610 would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge and its prevention would be beneficial
More about the Senior PCBA Engineer role:
Working with the Manufacturing Engineering Team, you will be working on multiple projects / multiple manufacturing tasks:
- Support the manufacturing area in its growth and rate increase
- Support CI activities
- Support manufacturing architecture plans to operate lean principles, whilst also compiling business cases for process improvements/factory of the future concepts
- Support the Non-Conformance Process
- Interface with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM), or in the production phase for change implementation including supporting the NPI team in creating design rules for manufacturability of CCAs
- Ensure processes and equipment contribute to a safe working environment following both company processes and legal obligations.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods, processes and equipment to provide a robust and repeatable manufacturing system.
- Develop and maintain cross functional relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Write and review manufacturing work instructions
- Review and control design changes including Bill of Materials creation and maintenance
- Resolve issues and queries with the operations team on shop floor
- Perform and review PFMEAs
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.