Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including holiday pay, Life Assurance, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career designing complex special purpose machinery? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a world leading business. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please read on.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for designing and issuing food process equipment to meet the needs of customer contracts and equipment development projects. This will involve anything from configuring standard equipment to designing completely new equipment. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will also provide technical support to all relevant business areas when needed, including sales, manufacturing / assembly, installation / commission, and customer services.
Duties will include amongst others:
- Responsible for designing, configuring, and issuing machinery / ancillary equipment to meet contract requirements and schedules.
- Produce accurate machine layouts, including service and installation details to minimise issues found at the assembly, installation, and commissioning stages.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with the company standards and quality procedures.
- To ensure equipment is compliant with the required legislation (EU Directives).
- Produce detailed equipment specifications for bought out equipment.
- Support manufacturing – Resolving issues quickly, using sound engineering solutions.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A motivated, confident, and experienced design engineer.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and PLM Software.
- Capable of producing engineering calculations to back up design solutions.
- Experienced in producing clear and accurate component drawings to suit a range of low volume manufacturing methods.
- Good time management skills – Able to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Comfortable presenting engineering information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience designing food process equipment would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of UK and/or global machinery standards beneficial
- Experience using 2D design packages would be advantageous.
- Able to work alone or as part of a design team.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.