Salary: Up to £38,000 (dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 (Across a four-day working week)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with a global leading defence engineering organisation. This role will focus on involvement through the full product lifecycle, with the aim to reduce manufacturing costs and improve yield at all stages, which will directly impact our customers, whilst supporting the Programme in delivery of the milestones.
As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is the recognised point of contact for all matters related to their area of expertise, providing engineering advice, problem solving and co-ordination of activities in support of current and future business.
The Manufacturing Engineer will drive a proactive approach to right first-time quality to promote growth, will enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs.
Please note: Rules onsite require British Citizenship, and you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Skills, Qualifications, and experience
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) and experience.
- Knowledge of Machining and Manufacturing technologies, and CNC programming and machining techniques.
- Knowledge of programming robots.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience with CNC machining
- knowledge of, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- An understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances) with the ability to identify key characteristics and datum structures.
- Familiar with the use of CAD software to generate 2D technical drawings would be beneficial
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM’s and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.