Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £38,000 P/A + benefits (Including Overtime and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for a Senior Configuration Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The business is very keen to help their staff develop further and gain industry wide recognition, as well as the opportunity to work on very exciting projects.
The Senior Configuration Engineer will support activities, centred around a specific highly complex programme but potentially also across the full breadth of business products. The fresh and exciting Configuration Management Group is searching for a highly motivated engineer who can work as part of a team to ensure the company are able to meet Configuration Management objectives in support of programme deliverables
The Configuration Management group sits within the Operations directorate of the business, working closely with Mechanical/Electronic design functions as well as projects to manage and control product data for all company deliverables. Close relationships are essential with Quality, Manufacturing and Procurement to ensure all product definitions fulfil both the company and customer requirements.
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Creation of initial Product Structure definition under guidance of Team Leader.
- Expression and implementation of engineering change into the Product Structure based on Design input.
- Maintenance and management of Product Definition in accordance with Project requirements.
- Understanding and implementing Change process methodologies and controls to ensure integrity is applied across the product lifecycle.
- Prepare project CM Plan and Sub Contractor CM Requirements Plan and Project specific reports with
- Co-ordination of major Configuration meetings
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Ideally a background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management and/or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- Experience in interpreting technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex assemblies.
- You should have an eye for detail and able to apply that with integrity and respect to engineering data, drawings, and models.
- You will possess good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences
- You will have a willing, supportive, and helpful attitude along with a calm professional manner, with the ability to set priorities and deal with multiple issues with multiple stakeholders.
- Ideally you will have experience of Windchill as a Product Lifecycle Management tool.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.