Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineering Technical Liaison to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The role will include secondment to another prime contractor business, where the Systems Engineering Technical Liaison will be embedded within the Type 26 Platform team. Your time is allocated equally between both companies Sea Ceptor Systems Design team as you act as the technical liaison point of contact between both organisations.
The Type 26 First of Class ship (HMS Glasgow) is currently in manufacture and this role offers an opportunity to be involved in the programme during the first installation of Sea Ceptor onto the T26 platform. This role will also provide opportunities to support Sea Ceptor System Design activities across UK and Export programmes, as well as provision of technical support to the Sea Ceptor New Business Team.
This role requires proactive discussion across programme teams within both companies, to identify and resolve potential Sea Ceptor integration issues.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
- Management of the relationship between the business and all external partners with regards to the T26 programme (specifically in various forums that are attended by senior representatives from Sea Ceptor partners).
- Chairing discussions and acting as the facilitator between the companies, focussing on solving ad hoc queries and supporting successful integration of Sea Ceptor on the T26 platform.
- Act as technical point of contact within partner companies for Sea Ceptor, providing technical guidance on the system.
- Time management to ensure an equal (50%) split between both partner companies’ systems workload.
- An appropriate Degree, or HND with a strong mathematical content e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Electronics, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- An appreciation of design methods, requirement elicitation and formal verification and certification processes.
- Systems integration (mechanical/electrical).
- Use of Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE), Rhapsody, Dimensions and DOORS.
- An ability to work proactively/autonomously, in a fast-paced programme that can change both design and priorities quickly.
- A track record as a flexible and effective team member with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.