Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + Excellent Bonus, and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you an experienced RF Engineer or scientist looking for an exciting career move where you will be influencing the design and development of RF Stealth Low Observability (LO) technology to be used in major technical projects that is critical to UK defence and security? If yes, then this could be for you.
The RF Engineer will join the Low Observability team that has a track-record of developing and proving new capability in RF Stealth, including conventional and novel techniques. This includes a mixture of research and mainstream project work. The team are looking for someone who brings technical experience and an appreciation of how these technical challenges fit into the bigger picture; in particular engineering managers with good people, project management and partner engagement skills and a passion for developing and emerging technologies.
Familiarity with RCS design and working within security constraints would be a bonus, although training can be provided for those who bring a positive attitude and the right background – preferably with physics, radio, electronics or similar in their background.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
An engineer or scientist with project and team management experience, with the following attributes:
- Preferably holding a degree in physical sciences or engineering
- A background in any of electronics systems, radar, radio, systems integration, or similar is essential.
- Ideally, but not essential, you have prior experience in RCS Design, Survivability or RF Low Observability.
- Proven delivery of technical work packages and projects with successful technical work delivered both individually and as part of a team.
- Experience in leading technical bids and effectively engaging with customers.
- A track-record of comfortably melding science and engineering aspirations, with the realistic need to deliver within time, cost, and performance constraints.
- Experience in exploring new technical challenges and finding new and effective approaches and solutions.
- Ideally you would also be experienced in leading or undertaking Systems Engineering and Concepting studies.
- Highly familiar with Office software; able to understand and communicate complex subject matter to both experienced personnel and those less familiar.
- Also advantageous would be the ability to step back from day-to-day aspects, view the bigger picture context and navigate a successful course through complex and changing requirements.
- For this role, candidates must be willing to undertake the DV (Developed Vetting) security clearance process.
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens or UK dual national. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.