Salary: Up to £60,000 P/A + Excellent Bonus, and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you an experienced RF Microwave Design Engineer looking for an exciting career move where you will be influencing the design and development of RF Telemetry and Data Link systems on a major technical project that is critical to UK defence and security? If yes, then this could be for you.
The RF Microwave Design Engineer will create, analyse, and prototype designs that meet challenging customer requirement within the constraints of limited physical space and harsh operating environments. As part of the Electronic Engineering function, you will be defining future strategies and roadmaps for RF/Microwave design solutions based on research and development activities in which you will also be actively involved.
The RF Microwave Design Engineer will be managing all technical elements of the RF sub-systems, collaborating with other design disciplines, and working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution.
Whilst the nature of the role is primarily technical, the successful candidate will still need to evidence excellent communication skills and have the confidence and gravitas to work across the business with a variety of senior stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of challenging projects. In addition, knowledge sharing is key so there will be the many opportunities to assist in the coaching and development of less experienced engineers.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) with a Radio Frequencies design bias having obtained substantial experience in the following areas:
- Architectures for medium to high power microwave transceivers, including catering for issues around full-concurrency operation.
- Microwave radio frequency planning analysis.
- Detailed modelling of link budgets and the derivation of top-level radio specs from these budgets.
- Able to root cause issues in the measurement results of prototype radio platforms and recommend/implement solutions.
- Practical application of radio sub-system building blocks, e.g., LNAs, Mixers, Filters, Synthesisers, HPA’s etc., and how to apply them to a realisable radio, including temperature compensating biasing, power supply management, PCB layout and evaluation/testing of solutions.
- Use of RF test equipment and understanding of the limitations. Must be able to merge real world measurements and theoretical predictions together to refine outcomes.
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens or UK dual national. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.