Salary: £35,000 to £55,000 p/a depending on experience + benefits (Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Scientist / Researcher or Technologist to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol. This is a role in the Low Observability team, which have a track-record of developing and proving new capability in RF Stealth, including conventional and novel techniques.
You will join a multidisciplinary team which engages across many areas of design in both research and mainstream project work. You will be someone who brings a technical background with an interest in Electro Magnetic or Radar Modelling, to help the business extend capacity in this area.
Familiarity with Radar Cross Section (RCS) design and techniques is considered a bonus, although there will be training for people who bring a positive attitude and the right technical strengths.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class technology
- Frequent opportunities to showcase yourself and your work at the highest level both inside and outside the company
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to work across the team, to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials) and new skills.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
An experienced engineer or scientist with the following attributes:
- A degree in physical sciences, electronics, or communications engineering, or similar.
- Ideally you have prior experience in the areas of RF design, familiarity with radar, or antenna design; although we will consider anyone able to show an academic foundation that serves as a good basis for developing in these areas.
- You would ideally have familiarity with at least one of the well-known computer simulation tools often used for electromagnetic modelling; for example, CST MWS, COMSOL, FEKO or MATLAB. But we can offer training if needed.
- Any hands-on practical / laboratory skills would be a bonus; there are opportunities to assist or lead on RF characterisation measurements in our Bristol test facility.
- A top top-level appreciation of how missile Survivability, Low Observability and Radar Cross Section (RCS) Design are interlinked.
- Proven delivery of technical work packages and projects with successful technical work delivered both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly familiar with Office software; able to understand and communicate complex subject matter to both experienced personnel and those less familiar.
- For this role, candidates must be willing to undertake the DV (Developed Vetting) security clearance process.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.