Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Radar System Engineering Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The role of Radar Systems Engineering Lead within the Systems team is to provide the lead on the radar elements within the different upgrade and enhancement programmes in the designated defence project. You will work closely with the Multi-Function Radar Design Authority.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing:
- Progress the radar requirements and interface documents
- Use your developed knowledge of the radar design to support the resolution of design queries, which may include the conduct of/support to technical studies
- Support the preparation and/or conduct of technical design reviews
- Reviewing test/qualification evidence to support demonstration of compliance against requirements
- Develop the compliance matrices and verification plans
You will collaborate with the Customer to:
- Resolve technical queries/questions raised by the customer related to the radar
- Agree the qualification evidence as it becomes available
- Produce the final collated evidence dossier once all the evidence has been agreed
- You will support the wider project with trials activities, including readiness reviews and trials conduct, depending on your knowledge and experience at the time. Trials are expected to be conducted at a number of sites in the UK, including on the T45 platform
- Knowledge and experience of radars
- Knowledge and experience of systems engineering, specifically requirements management, verification, and validation
- Ideally degree qualified in a STEM related subject or as a minimum must be HNC / HND qualified with experience
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.