Software Technical Lead
Salary £40,000 to £75,000 (DOE)
Generous bonus structure
Pension contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
The Software Technical Lead role
Test Software UK work to deliver test capability in partnership with colleagues in Electronic Design, the Test Centre of Excellence and other areas of Software Engineering.
Our mission as a function is to facilitate robust and timely test of missile systems and ensure the business continues to provide a decisive military capability for our home nations and their allies.
Spanning a diverse portfolio of work packages, Test Software UK directly influences the company’s product certification, manufacturing output and support activities. Specifically, Test Software UK are responsible for developing and supporting software packages that utilise Test Equipment hardware to configure, verify and validate the conformance and quality of our product range from development, through production and into field test scenarios.
It is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team specialising in all aspects of test solution design, including software, hardware, simulation and real-time systems. It is great a place to learn about the company's entire product portfolio, whilst embracing the change to DevOps and other innovative technologies!
Join us as a Software Technical Lead and take our technology and your career into new territories.
Software Technical Lead experience required
A software team leader who can build impactful teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments within which we work. This will involve:
- Act as Software Design Authority by ensuring quality standards are met while giving technical guidance and mentorship to the team.
- Lead, empower and draw the best from a team.
- Work with members of the Group to identify potential improvement opportunities and support their implementation.
- Maintain and communicate the current project schedule, coordinating with the team to meet delivery milestones and prioritise as needed.
- Be responsible for generation of quarterly team work load forecasts.
- Liaise directly with both internal and external customers.
- Have an awareness of allocated project budgets and ensure that they are used efficiently.
- Support the creation of project and release documentation.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.