Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Overtime, bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career developing Laser technology, and associated systems? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an engineer to help develop technology that is in its infancy. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please read on.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing team working on the design of future Direct Energy Weapons (DEW), which is a new area of technology development.
The Weapon System Equipment Engineer will join a team that works in a rapid development environment where the programme can change quickly. This allows the team to experience and exercise large portions of the product life cycle in short timescales.
Working in this environment is exciting and the design work often requires the team to explore new technology and break new ground. The primary focus is on physical architectures, solutions, delivery of Weapon Systems Equipment and Sub-systems across several DEW projects.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- An engineer with an appropriate engineering, mathematics or physics based degree who has experience in:
- A technical and practical way of thinking, ideally with a with a physics background with the design experience to know how things fit together.
- Conducting analytical studies to understand the physical design regime.
- Development requirements to guide design of the solution and communicate these across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Electrical, thermal, safety and communications architectures.
- The capture and maintenance of design budgets such as size, mass, power and cooling and the associated trade space is key to your success in this role.
- Presenting ideas and concepts across a wide range of partners including peers, senior management, Customers and End Users.
- Experience of the CADMID cycle is desirable.
- Adequate understand for the need and application of change control and configuration management would be beneficial.
- A background in systems or equipment design is advantageous but not essential.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.