Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (Including holiday pay, Life Assurance, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Production Manager responsible for the manufacture of special purpose machinery? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join a world leading business.
The Production Manager will maintain a safe working environment, by ensuring that all health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to, as well as managing the assembly (mechanical, electrical, and testing) activities of capital equipment and major spares contracts, to meet customer requirements.
The Production Manager will ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance improvements of the Assembly area, in line with company targets, as well as identifying areas for improvement and drive through changes to against assigned KPIs.
Duties will include amongst others:
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self, all team members and any colleagues, contractors or customers within Assembly Area.
- Implement process change initiatives through Kaizen and C.I. activity to improve safety and achieve all performance improvement targets.
- Manage the assembly (mechanical, electrical, and testing) of capital equipment and major spares contracts, to meet customer requirements.
- Attend or chair daily/weekly/monthly meetings and briefs, as required, to communicate departmental/company information.
- Ensure safe and clean working practices and monitor via housekeeping audits.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to lead, motivate and manage personnel to achieve stretch targets.
- Sound technical knowledge of capital equipment and spares manufacture.
- Confident and decisive, with good people management and communication skills.
- Able to liaise with Technical and Production Engineering to improve and develop products.
- A knowledge of general computer packages (Word & Excel).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to act as a change agent within the department.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Able to work within cross-functional teams to achieve business results.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.