Salary: Up to £60,000 + benefits (Bonus, Pension & more)
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager to manage a multifunctional team in the sourcing and management of suppliers within a Mechanical Domain, undertaking strategic development, competitions, contract management, supplier relations management with the aim of supporting innovation and to ensure supply chain performance (On Time, On Cost, On Quality). This is a key role in shaping the supply strategy, delivering a progressive, efficient and cost-effective category strategy through our supplier base but very importantly through and in conjunction with our stakeholder community.
Procurement Category Manager Responsibilities
- Working as a business partner with your internal stakeholder to improve business outcomes
- Managing suppliers market risk and opportunities to support the business technology roadmap and production plan.
- The development and implementation of contracts and Frame Agreements
- Ultimately responsible for the supplier relationships, working with virtual category teams in the business to deliver innovative and best in class suppliers to the Business
- Accountable for the supplier performance, principally around cost, quality and delivery
- Intelligently developing and deploying a range of sourcing strategies in cooperation with internal stakeholders
Procurement Category Manager skills and qualifications required:
- Ideally CIPS qualified but as a minimum should be able to demonstrate a very good level of professional procurement rigour and academic capability.
- Experience of procuring mechanical commodities within an engineering environment.
- Should be able to demonstrate a significant level of depth and breadth in Procurement strategic and operational experience
- A very goal orientated individual with strong cultural awareness, excellent team building capabilities who is capable of taking key strategic decisions.
- Excellent analytical/Excel capabilities and ideally experience of SAP.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.