Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal System Engineer to work for a world class technical engineering company based in Hertfordshire.
The Principal Systems Engineer will be a member of a small team responsible for understanding current and emerging Systems Engineering best practice, applying this knowledge appropriately in the context of the company’s development programmes, and supporting project teams and practitioners in the application of the appropriate methods. This includes the development of the overall competency profile of Systems Engineers across the System Design & Validation function.
The company values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
Key individual responsibilities include:
- Providing education, training, and consultancy style support to both key national and international project and business areas
- Assessing core Systems Engineering techniques and developing/delivering process improvement and behavioural change to teams.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practising projects.
- Ensuring consideration of a full lifecycle approach to the design of systems into project teams.
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Systems Engineer with up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis.
- Understanding of state-of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues from concept through to disposal on major projects.
- Holistic Systems Thinker with experience of; architecting in complex environments; engaging with complex stakeholders to elicit and trade needs to deliver value; architecting at different levels of abstraction.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks, and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication and good problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ideally with an appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.