Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Systems Capability Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol.
The Principal Systems Capability Engineer will be a member of a small process & methods team responsible for understanding and supporting current and emerging Systems Engineering processes, methods, and tools, whilst concurrently being actively involved in developing and promoting best practice usage to improve efficiency and consistency across UK projects.
The company values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Providing education, training, and consultancy style support to key projects, tailored to project needs to ensure maximum project benefit is obtained from best practice use.
- Assessing core Systems Engineering techniques and developing/delivering process improvement and behavioural change to teams.
- Supporting implementation of international alignment on Systems Engineering knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practicing projects.
- Ensuring consideration of a full lifecycle approach to the design of systems into project teams.
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Systems Engineer with understanding of state-of-the-art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e., experience of lifecycle issues on major projects, specifically; Model-based methods and approaches.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks, and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication and good problem-solving skills are essential.
- Up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g., mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis, with experience of representing them within an architecture.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area, plus several years relevant experience.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.