Principal Product Assurance Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on-site at Stevenage)
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Product Assurance Engineer. The company is an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development, and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Principal Product Assurance Engineer role
Opportunity for an experienced Product Assurance Engineer to join the Quality Supply Chain team in support of non-conformance management and audit of our production supply chain. This opportunity provides the chance to work within a new dynamic quality team providing quality assurance activities with our supply base.
Handle major equipment supplier Product Non-Conformance.
Facilitate implementation of the non-conformance defect investigation process with the supplier to ensure that adequate and appropriate corrective actions are implemented. Provide supplier Non-Conformance data analysis and summary reports. Identification of improvements with respect to the supplier non-conformance management process and its implementation within SAP.
Working closely with our internal customers to identify candidate suppliers for surveillance planning activities, and the schedule of activities to be performed.
Conduct Quality audits/assessments in line with the surveillance plan and against the Suppliers contracted Quality requirements, reviewing the Supplier's corrective action progress, conducting product acceptance,
with the aim of reducing project risk.
- Opportunity to join a vibrant quality organisation and further develop as a quality professional;
- Gain knowledge of deploying the latest quality tools and techniques;
- Opportunity to identify process improvements to aid on time and on quality delivery of products during the product lifecycle;
- Management of quality assurance activities associated with an international supply base.
Principal Product Assurance Engineer experience required
- Engineer with experience in quality management systems, techniques, and processes especially during industrialisation and manufacturing phases.
- Experience working within a quality supply chain environment and able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Auditing experience covering product and or quality system audits
- Good knowledge of key external standards, such as EN9100 and ensuring it is maintained
- Experienced in Quality Tools & Techniques (8D, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen, PFMEA).
- Practical knowledge of non-conformance management processes and SAP business tools an advantage,
- Ability to travel and work in a team environment
- Ideally qualified as a minimum to HND or HNC with experience within Engineering or Quality Assurance.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.