Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Operational Analyst to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Principal Operational Analyst will join a team that will be involved in scoping, developing, and contributing to wide range of studies and experimentation exercises for future air combat systems.
The Principal Operational Analyst’s work will concentrate on how future products will be used and how they can contribute to operational capability for the customer in a cost-effective way. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced problem solver with a broad understanding of the military operational environment.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include but not limited to:
- Understanding and exploring user needs and requirements
- Effectiveness studies (typically supporting design trade-offs, or comparisons of system options), cost-effectiveness studies and Force mix studies
- Developing an outline concept of employment (CONEMP) and identifying effective tactics for future weapon systems
- Building understanding of the Future Operating Environment including development of vignettes and scenarios
- Basic understanding of physical principles associated with weapon systems and missiles, and systems engineering processes
- Broad understanding of the military operational environment
- Awareness and practical experience of a range of OA techniques
- Strong analytical skills and systems thinking; able to structure information, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Able to prepare clear concise reports and presentations
- Able to deliver presentations and lead workshops, pitching information at the right level of detail
- Proactive, able to seek out contacts, elicit information and suggest solutions
- Able to manage small teams, work collaboratively as part of a team and liaise with others at all levels throughout the company, and build effective relationships with customers
- Able to define and execute a ‘Concept of Analysis’ (approach / plan) that meets customer needs
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, that may be dispersed and international in nature
- Able to see and understand the ‘big picture’ and think about many things at once, as well as keeping track of the detail
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment