Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career designing highly complex technical products? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
We are looking for someone with experience of working at Mechanical system level to define overall system physical layouts, down selection of appropriate Mechanical Technologies and an understanding of the design of mechanical interfaces to subsystems, developing Concepts in collaboration with a Future Systems Design Team.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be developing the overall Physical Concept of the product to meet the future needs of the MoD customer and on a variety of future systems and therefore be required to have a broad knowledge across multiple Mechanical Engineering disciplines. Having an appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as Aerodynamics and Propulsion Systems, is desirable.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What will you be doing?
- Working on challenging engineering problems and receiving structured skills development.
- The opportunity to work on multiple future projects in collaboration with other specialist areas such as Systems and Aerodynamics to develop concepts which meet the customer's future needs.
- Proposing ideas for future research and development topics and obtaining funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
- Provided with training in specific aspects of advanced technology applications for system and sub-system design.
- The potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus broad knowledge and experience in Mechanical Design working at Mechanical System Level
- Experience of working on rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- A willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- The awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly
- Familiarity with concept and technology development and down selection methodologies, such as Functional Means Analysis and Pugh Matrices
- Knowledge of Final Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) is desirable
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Aerodynamics, Propulsion Systems, Electronic Packaging and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
Please Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.