Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: Circa £48,000 depending on experience
Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer. The company are an award-winning business who invest heavily in their staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Principal Manufacturing Engineer role :
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the Manufacturing Engineering team for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of an equipment team in manufacturing which will involve managing project and functional workloads to ensure completion on time through the team. You will also lead continuous improvement activities, represent the manufacturing team at various forums and be responsible for the delivery of the team. Furthermore, this is a leadership role that involves people management; sickness & absence, appraisals, holidays, work load and individual output.
The opportunity will give you the chance to grow your knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer experience required:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- or BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
- Be highly motivated and enthusiastic, to create/maintain a high performing team
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to manufacturing improvements
- Be a recognised point of contact for manufacturing enquiries through the deployed team
- Must be confident in people leadership and holding effective team/individual discussions
- Proficient in computer and internet use, including proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office Suite & manufacturing systems such as “ERP.”
What to expect:
- An opportunity to take ownership of a manufacturing engineering equipment team, to support manufacturing and be part of rate increases on key programmes
- Develop new skills and techniques, taking a key role in leading manufacturing engineering team.
- Be part of peoples career; support their development and recognition across the business
- Technically challenging, varied and rewarding work.
- Interaction with numerous internal and external customers and suppliers
- Become a valued member of an established but growing team
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.