Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As a Principal System Engineer within a newly formed Future Products department, you will be assigned to take on a variety of roles in support of Future Systems or New Business areas.
The Principal Systems Engineer will use their early phase design cycle skills combining core System Engineering, Business development, Customer & User engagements, technology applicability and new functionality.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
- Road-mapping / Requirement elicitation, bidding for new work, understanding capability, and corralling multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop & nurture new skills for Early Phase activities. This could include using System Design tools, such as DOORS for requirements, Rhapsody for Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Design Maturity Assessments.
- Within the Department, you’ll tackle a variety of activities to develop concepts, support bids, understand technology roadmaps and deploy new working practices, such as Agile.
- Support multiple products across future systems and new business areas
- Degree qualified in Electronics, Systems Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, or a similar technical discipline.
- The confidence to embrace the uncertain nature of early concept development and technologies to progress towards defining solutions and system concepts.
- Good Systems Engineering knowledge, alongside the ability and desire to test new techniques and use new methods to develop concepts and complete system trade studies.
- Experience of weapons systems and missile design, including systems trade studies is beneficial.
- To be able to negotiate and influence a broad range of internal and external partners to secure the right outcome.
- Experience of planning and task management is important.
- Knowledge of DOORS, Rhapsody and systems design analysis tools e.g. Pugh Matrix / QFD / etc, is beneficial.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment