Salary: Up to £45,000 + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Commercial Officer to join an active, involved and motivated Commercial Team, in a Directorate committed to delivering Defence Capability to the UK Armed Forces and other World Governments, covering all aspects of the Product Lifecycle from concept to disposal.
The role will see you play a key player in the winning of new work where you will be responsible for the full Route to Contract, including being the driving force during the Bidding process, ensuring cross functional working to deliver costs in time, generation of proposals, and contract negotiations, whilst maintaining the viability of the business.
Principal Commercial Officer Responsibilities
- Business Strategy – maximising identified business opportunities.
- Contract Delivery – Being a vital part of the delivery chain that ensures the business meets its promises to customers.
- Negotiations – Gaining acceptance and agreement on issues and amendments to ensure contractual compliance
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, focusing on collaboration.
- Being the point of contact for your project(s) for any contractual information and agreements including obtaining and providing legal advice.
- Responsible for providing effective people management and development.
- Communicating with personnel at all levels.
- Reporting to senior management on the progress of your contracts.
- Representing the commercial team in progress/reviews and/or customer meetings.
- Analysing and problem-solving complex issues every day, with the help of a multi-functional team where required.
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of company systems.
- Promote best practice and functional excellence.
Principal Commercial Officer skills and qualifications required:
- Experience of working within a commercial or contracts function previously
- Experience of working on bids/proposal with an awareness of appropriate contract arrangements
- Experience in dealing with the UK Ministry of Defence and/or other Government bodies/Industrial Organisations is highly beneficial.
- An understanding across a range of commercial issues and skills including contract management skills throughout the contract lifecycle
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.