Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Platform Integration Lead Engineer, to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. The Platform Integration Lead Engineer will be responsible for leading the integration of a critical capability into the UK MoD and Export Customers and supporting the development of complex products.
The Platform Integration Lead Engineer will join a Systems Design Airborne Systems (SDAS) team and will be responsible for the technical development and delivery of weapon integration activity onto a designated aircraft. There is also the opportunity for further professional growth in line with personal development plans available when required.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Act as the primary technical interface with Platform Design Organisations, working with multiple partners internally and externally across industry, government, and airworthiness authorities to ensure the objectives of the integration programme are achieved.
- Manage a team of engineers in delivering the integration programmes to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user. This spans the Engineering Lifecycle through design, trials, and certification to deliver a satisfactory In-Service product.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally an appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Prior leadership experience; beneficial but not essential.
- Broad understanding of multiple general engineering subject areas e.g., electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
- Experience of working in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Pro-active and able to work on their own initiative, with a minimum of supervision.
- While not crucial, knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 would be very useful.
- Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.