Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (Including Overtime and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for a Platform Integration Certification & Validation Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The Platform Integration Certification & Validation Lead will support the Chief Platform Integrator (CPI) with the oversight & delivery of Certification & compliance activities onto a major helicopter programme (the Wildcat).
The Platform Integration Certification & Validation Lead, will be steering a focused team to deliver the certification and validation activities for a weapons integration programme, working closely with specialists both within the company and the platform design organisations.
This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within the company whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of disciplines. The role will have both office-based and field-based elements, and will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Design Certification and Release to Service activities including but not limited to;
- Management of Wildcat Weapon System Design Proving Plan,
- Generation of Wildcat Design Verification Plan,
- Generation of Wildcat Compliance Matrix.
- Co-ordinating a range of subject matter experts both internally and externally to address and resolve Certification and validation related issues.
- Represent the Platform Integration Team at the Design Monthly Review (DMR) with the design community.
- Deputise for the CPI as when needed in attendance of meetings, generation of documentation etc.
- People Management – Management of two staff including development, progression, and reporting responsibilities.
- Work Package Management - Management of the Wildcat Certification & any other assigned Work Packages to define the requirement, identify the resource and manage delivery of the work package. This will include monthly reporting of the work package to project seniors.
- Be responsible for own development and growth utilising range of available training and developmental opportunities to ensure delivery of high-quality output.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
This role would suit someone with previous experience of System Engineering, Systems Integration, Certification and Validation activities.
- Preference is for someone with Certification Experience within the Defence industry.
- Someone with a ‘can do attitude’ who proactively identifies issues and engages with stakeholders at peer and at senior level.
- Someone who can juggle multiple workloads and priorities to deliver high quality output on time.
- Someone who can manage own output and that of the Certification and validation team, in support of the objectives of the wider integration team.
- The candidate must be able to communicate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and will gain experience of the end-user/customer environment.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the defence regulatory framework such as Defence Standard (DEF-STAN 59-411, 59-114, DEF-STAN 00-970).
- Knowledge of Product life cycle.
- Knowledge of Weapon Systems, Munitions, aircraft avionics and 1760/1553 protocol.
- Experience of using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements (DOORS) would be desirable.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.