Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
We are currently looking for a Platform Data Link Terminal (PDLT) System Engineer who is passionate about technology and eager to be a part of delivering cutting-edge radio-frequency sub-systems for various platforms, including land, sea, and air.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing:
- Requirement analysis, validation, and verification as part of the system engineering activities
- Ensuring product delivery (hardware and software), and managing build standard certification
- Utilising IBM DOORS and applying Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques with IBM Rhapsody for the specification of updates to PDLT design, requirements, and test cases
- Creating and reviewing engineering documentation
- Supporting various datalink terminal and network communication programmes at different stages of maturity
- Collaborating with project managers/planners for updating plans and forecasting spend/labour
- Leading work packages within a small team, giving you a clear path and opportunities for career progression
- A strong understanding of the system engineering process (including system specification, system integration, and test and qualification)
- Proven experience in product delivery and hardware and software configuration management
- Ability to lead and coordinate across multiple functional domains such as software, hardware, modelling, and test
- Proactive approach, eagerness to learn new tools and processes, and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to support export, new business, and research activities when required
- Outstanding communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Team player approach and positive collaborative behaviours
- An Engineering degree or equivalent.
- An understanding of System Engineering Process (including System Specification, System Test and Integration, Requirement Management)
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably with Rhapsody
- Prior experience in the Defence domain
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.