Salary: Up to £60,000 P/A pro rata + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: Part time hours are flexible
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Cable and Harness Design Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As the Lead Design Engineer, you will be managing cable/harness work packages across the product range to deliver design solutions for the creation of bespoke cable designs. You will use customer, environmental and technical requirements to define manufacturable solutions delivered on time, on cost and on quality.
You will be responsible for making sure the workload is planned, budgeted correctly and that all design reviews and documentation are held/created at the correct time with the appropriate audience. You will be working with multiple departments and external suppliers to plan, implement, and improve solutions whilst dealing with opportunities and challenges as they arise as an individual and/or part of a team.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- Demonstrable experience of managing work packages
- Proven experience of Interconnect/Cable/Harness design
- An appreciation of Interconnect manufacturing process
- A proactive approach and motivated
- Able to balance cost, quality and schedule whilst giving due consideration to Design for Manufacture and Design for Test
- Whilst not essential, it would be great if you can demonstrate an understanding of the product life cycle, Military Defence Standards, and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C)
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.