Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer will become a key member of a dynamic team working within the Guidance, Control and Navigation (GCN) function. The GCN function has responsibilities for algorithm development and proving in the following domains: Such as control systems, IIR and RF image and signal processing, tracking, Integrated Navigation, including GPS integration, Data fusion and Command and Control amongst others
It is an exciting time to be joining the company, as the business is expanding during a time of economic uncertainty.
The role will see you carry out a range of activities such as, but not limited to;
- You will be responsible for the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within the business
- Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems along with preparing and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a project team
- You will engage with the algorithm users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the algorithms are fit for their intended use
- Either PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience, or a minimum good Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics plus 5 years’ experience
- Relevant experience of Navigation algorithm design.
- Ideally will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow
- Model Based Design
- Configuration management
- Requirement Management e.g. DOORS and Rhapsody
- C, FORTRAN and Ada
- Ideally will have knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- Inertial Navigation, Aided Navigation techniques, for example but not limited to,
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems / Terrain Referenced Navigation
- Image Based Navigation
- Radar and LADAR imaging
- Opportunistic Navigation / Signals of Opportunity
- Data fusion techniques
- Kalman filters
- Non-linear filtering
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment