Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth. The Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer will work on fast-moving projects to develop and evaluate navigation algorithms. Researching, developing, testing, and evaluating algorithms as part of the wider complex system solution. The Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer will be part of a dynamic team within the Guidance, Control and Navigation Department and will have the opportunity to work across a range of research activities.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
- The role will see you carry out a range of activities such as, but not limited to;
- You will be responsible for the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within the business
- Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm, and model validation
- Strong programming skills are required including MATLAB.
- Ideally PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience or Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Previous demonstrable programming, real-time implementation, validation & verification, and navigation experience.
- Relevant experience with state-of-the-art navigation algorithms, Navigation Algorithm design, comparative evaluation and testing is a strong advantage.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment