Location: Bristol or Stevenage
Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career working within Munitions Engineering? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Munition Systems Engineer to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
The Munition Systems Engineer will support the current and future munition build standards for Munition related technical queries supporting the in-service capability sustainment across a number of Munition programmes, including In Service Support, Surveillance and Life Extension and Mid-Life Refresh.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
What will you be doing?
- Managing technical queries relating to the munition
- Carrying out technical analyses and investigations of munition issues
- Reviewing the impact of munition and MMI design changes on the system, through the configuration control process.
- Reviewing and managing updates to the Munition Technical Documentation received from the Design Authority (for On-Board and Depot documentation) including interim Service Bulletins.
- Providing technical support to the UK team
- Providing support to transversal activities (Safety, Security, EMC and Environmental)
- Providing and/or overseeing technical support and troubleshooting responses
- Generating technical reports to the Customer
Munition Systems Engineer - Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally HNC, HND or Degree qualified in a technical engineering discipline
- Experience of working with Munitions within a military or prime contractor environment
- Experience of the Maintenance, trials, certification, and safety requirements of working with Munitions
- Experience of writing technical documentation
- The ability to provide technical support to the customer
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate if required
- Either holding SC clearance or willing to gain clearance to SC and DV if required
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.