Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Motor Control Systems Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Motor Control Systems Engineer will lead the design, development, and validation of control systems across a range of actuator products. The Motor Control Systems Engineer will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary design team, owning the design, development, and proving of control algorithms and ensuring that Customer performance requirements are successfully met.
The Motor Control Systems Engineer will lead research & development work packages and be involved in product development across the full product lifecycle from concept development through to production and in service support. There will be the chance to develop technical skills, and knowledge with structured skills development and training programmes, as well as working across multi-national teams on projects for customers across our partner nations.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Development of control algorithms for both analogue and digital systems, typically in the control of BLDC motors.
- Modelling of Actuation Systems and conducting performance assessments.
- Identification of sub-system requirements (mechanical, electronics, software).
- Identification of suitable electromechanical components (particularly motors and sensors), working co-operatively with suppliers where needed.
- Definition of design proving plans and conducting design proving tests in support of product qualification.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualified in a technical subject such as Physics, Electronics, Mathematics, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience utilising the MATLAB / Simulink toolset for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within embedded systems.
- The ability to derive governing system equations (i.e. system transfer functions) across a range of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a design team from a range of backgrounds.
- Knowledge of position sensors, microprocessors and software development would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of electric motors and drive / commutation strategies, such as Field Oriented Control (FOC) or Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) techniques.
- Understanding of DO-178C or DO-331 coding standards.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.