Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Modelling & Data Analyst working for an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The Modelling & Data Analyst will help to deliver a range of modelling and data analysis tasks, potentially including trial / experiment design and trial attendance.
The Modelling & Data Analyst will be someone who enjoys model generation & data analysis and brings with them useful expertise in one or more of the following; statistics, machine learning, data analysis techniques, probability, physics, engineering or maths, and a keen eye for detail.
You will have access to a flexible development path, and the opportunity to travel to other facilities in the UK and Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for you to secure a role with a forward-thinking company in a stimulating work environment with opportunities to learn new skills and be part of a friendly, proactive team.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Analysis of complex data sets, Matlab tool generation, machine learning, statistical data analysis, performance modelling, experiment planning and trial attendance
- Undertaking this role, you would be joining a dynamic, diverse, passionate team responsible for the development of our future business & world leading technologies
- Working with skilled, supportive and motivated colleagues, with a drive to deliver future technologies and a desire to see them benefit the defence industry
- Opportunity to attend international conferences
- Working alongside technology teams bringing to life, testing and delivering cutting edge new systems in the on-site laboratory or off-site manufacturing facilities
- Contribute to wider activities, supporting senior management with high-level VIP visits and demonstrations
- The chance to exploit innovative and novel techniques in the development of the company’s future portfolio.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
Someone with a keen eye for detail and the following attributes:
- Ideally holding a higher degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in a physics or engineering discipline
- Creativity, imagination & problem-solving skills
- Expertise in one or more of the following; statistics, machine learning, data analysis techniques, probability, physics, engineering or maths
- Adaptability & willingness to deal with fluidity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and often from a blank sheet of paper
- Enjoys both working independently and drawing upon the skills from a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, backed by working knowledge of Office software
- An awareness of well-known computer simulation codes (such as Matlab, CST MWS)
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.