Salary: Up to £48,000 + benefits (Overtime, bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career working with and designing cutting edge equipment, and associated systems used within the UK defence sector? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Modelling & Data Analyst to join an expanding team that engage in developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The team specialises in the development of novel solutions, in particular in the domains of Radio Frequency (RF), Directed Energy, and Laser & Stealth technology. Keen interest from across the customer community in all three domains makes this a really interesting and exciting time to join the growing team and becoming a part of delivering innovative world leading solutions for the UK and export.
This is interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to be involved with some truly innovative and world-class systems. There will be opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within the business and excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
The role includes:
- The role will be scoped to best match individual’s strengths, interests, and aspirations, with a focus on modelling and data analysis. The role can include:
- Analysis of complex data sets
- Matlab tool generation
- Machine learning
- Statistical data analysis
- Performance modelling
- Experiment planning & trial attendance
- Documentation & Reporting
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Physics, Maths or engineering degree qualified.
- Prior experience of modelling tools, model development and data analysis.
- Prior experience of RF or Lasers is advantageous.
- Creativity, problem solving skills, attention to detail and adaptability.
- Some understanding of multiphysics tools such as Ansys and/or COMSOL would be advantageous
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within one working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.