Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (Including excellent Bonus and Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Algorithm Specialist with knowledge of Guidance & Control Algorithms to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Algorithm Specialist will have opportunity to collaborate widely across departmental, directorate & national boundaries, and to be involved across multiple programmes at various points in their respective lifecycles, from the early research & concept stages through to full-scale development and guided flight trials.
This opportunity is offered to exert and develop your expertise both at a detailed Guidance & Control design level, and up through the higher architectural levels, where you can demonstrate a capability for rigorous system analysis and management of complexity.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
- Provide specialist technical review, underwriting, and consultancy for GCN (Guidance, Control, navigation) project teams and influence technology and designs of the wider project teams and subcontractors nationally & internationally
- Provide technological input and analysis for new projects in their initial and concept phases, and exert influence on the overall system and physical design
- Influence GCN research strategy & contribute to research activities
- Undertake focussed technical reviews and trouble-shoot where required
- Interact across stakeholders to collaboratively steer future capabilities and processes
- Degree qualified in a physics, mathematics, or similar subject
- Theoretical knowledge and extensive experience of aerospace guidance, control and navigation specification, analysis, algorithm design & implementation, real time architecture and verification
- Ability to bound the scope of an engineering problem and to communicate the design challenge in terms of clear unambiguous design requirements/goals
- Ability to manage complexity by identifying major drivers in a large, inter-connected engineering system
- Ability to cross-verify complex systems and system models against underlying theory
- Ability to connect and communicate complex or conceptually difficult ideas clearly and elegantly
- Ability to diagnose abnormalities in an engineering system both physically and virtually through computer modelling and simulation (MATLAB & Simulink)
- Passion for life-long learning in a highly technical field
- Ability to influence technically when there are other factors driving teams
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment