Salary: Up to £55,000 p/a + benefits (Excellent bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Portfolio Delivery Lead to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. This role will be critical to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Mechanical Portfolio Delivery Lead will be involved in all aspects of product development, from the early concept studies to series production and in-service support. You will be responsible for the management of all portfolio engineering activities associated with the delivery of the product Portfolio, including technical risk management, obsolescence management, and engineering commonality management.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Work with projects to improve the efficiency of Commonality, Modularity & Reuse and reduce hardships
- Review predicted and measured benefits to ensure realism from an engineering point of view
- Work with internal teams to ensure that programme plans for dependencies exist
- Supporting internal teams’ road-mapping activities
- Function as the point of contact between Functions, Equipment Teams, Centres of Excellence and the Portfolio as risks or issues arise
- Establish relationships and build and maintain structured communication channels
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally a degree or Masters in a technical engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, aerospace engineering or equivalent.
- A good understanding of design process throughout a product’s life cycle
- The ability to work with, influence, and challenge where required including senior MOD and company management
- A flexible mind-set, able to tackle problems and develop genuinely innovative solutions for design challenges
- Ability to understand sophisticated technical problems, often with a high degree of uncertainty, complexity, and inconsistency
- Effectively manage your priorities when presented with issues from multiple projects
- You can concisely summarise multi-faceted problems and influence, lead and empower teams positively
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical & electro-mechanical design
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.