Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career designing highly complex technical products? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
You will be working on Research and Development projects to develop the Mechanical technologies and Capabilities required to meet the challenges presented by Future Products. You will work on a wide variety of topics and be required to have a broad knowledge across multiple Mechanical Engineering disciplines.
You will have experience of technology development and ideally experience of collaborating with SME’s and Academia. An appreciation of operating in a high certification environment and experience of inserting technologies into products is highly desirable.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What will you be doing?
- You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development.
- You will work on multiple research projects to enhance Mechanical Engineering technologies and capabilities
- You will have the opportunity to propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
- You will be trained in specific aspects of advanced technology applications for system and sub-system design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus experience in Mechanical Design, particularly in research and development, and ideally a track record of inserting technology into products
- Capable of managing work packages, rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- Have the awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Electronic Packaging, Aerodynamics and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
Please Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.