Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Benefits: 12% Pension contribution, Private Medical Insurance, Bonus, 25 days holiday, Free lunch!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an ambitious, innovative, technology & product development company who deliver solutions for the UK’s defence and homeland security, where you could be at the forefront of this innovation race by helping to defend and protect the UK from the latest technological and cyber threats. The company are in an exciting period, working on state-of-the-art technology and developing new client relationships.
Your work as a Mechanical Design Engineer will have a real-world impact. You’ll get to explore pioneering concepts by collaborating with elite multi-disciplinary teams of highly educated and skilled scientists, engineers, and designers. It’s a highly challenging, varied, and agile role. You will see ideas become a reality as you create prototypes through the company’s rapid approach to design and implementation. Your problem-solving skills will be enhanced as you tackle complex mechanical engineering challenges for product, instrumentation, and concept development.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer using 3D CAD (SolidWorks), you’ll get to create and evolve a wide range of designs which may include products, assembly jigs, test equipment and instrumentation. There will also be opportunities to present proposed solutions through sketches, animations, and renderings as part of the build, testing and troubleshooting process.
You will be supported by a team of experts. Although the company are a business of individuals – their curiosity brings everyone together and drives what they do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of the business is designed to help you connect, thrive, and feel included.
Mechanical Design Engineer Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- The projects are cutting-edge and confidential – so you’ll need to be eligible for UK security clearance.
- A record of academic excellence and/or relevant experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer will also help to ensure your application is shortlisted.
- A 1st class degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline. Post Degree qualifications are desirable
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently with people at all levels, to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- A desire to improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and to take on increasing responsibilities
This is an excellent opportunity for you to secure a challenging and rewarding position as a Mechanical Design Engineer with a company developing world leading technology solutions. You will be offered the chance to develop and progress your career in an end-to-end project delivery environment.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.