Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol.
The Lead Simulation & Modelling Engineer will ensure that delivery models, modelling tools or software for major programmes are capable of adapting or creating solutions to sophisticated technical problems. The Lead Simulation & Modelling Engineer will also be responsible for coaching and guiding team members, providing regular feedback to enhance overall team performance and knowledge transfer.
The Lead Simulation & Modelling Engineer has the opportunity to steer team activities with a strong sense of autonomy and exposure to Simulation and Modelling projects, as well as gain a wealth of knowledge of both model & software development. There will be the opportunity to build awareness of the processes that assure the quality of Simulation & Modelling activities.
There is also an opportunity for further professional growth in line with personal development plans, and onward development paths to managerial or specialist roles.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Take on the leadership of team of engineers delivering modelling and software to a range of departments across the programme and deliver on time, on cost and on quality.
- Interface into the project teams on behalf of the Group Leader and provide reports to function on the progress of the programme.
- Set the team development, project, and functional objectives.
- You will coach and guide your team members providing regular feedback to enhance overall team performance and knowledge transfer.
- Support departmental initiatives and encourage your team to provide ideas into these that will help support and sustain a culture of improvement.
- Budget responsibility, which will require monitoring and agreement of priorities with projects in a constantly evolving environment.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Someone with a numerate background, such as, a good Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g., MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g., FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g., Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve sophisticated problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Experience of partner engagement, coordination, and planning would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present complex information in a simple way.
- An awareness of risk management, mitigation, and reporting.
- Motivated to run a small to medium sized project and carry out all aspects of task package management.
- Develop and shape robust teams by influencing both inside and outside the department and empowering staff to go above and beyond.
- Review of team's work to ensure quality standards and integrity.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.