Salary: Up to £45,000 + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours 37 Hours per week
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Concept Engineer who will join the Future Indirect Fires Systems Team, which is rapidly growing to meet the demands of a fast-paced study for delivery to our UK customer.
As the successful candidate, you will join the project at the start of the study, will own concept architectures, and be responsible for managing the change of these as they evolve through the study; liaising with internal and external technical functions to ensure coherence.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Lead Concept Engineer role responsibilities
- Ownership of missile physical architecture concepts and their development.
- Liaising with the sub-system functional teams and portfolio team to manage the needs and dependencies for the missile concepts.
- Management of missile configurations and change as they evolve through the study.
- Manage all elements of missile performance modelling, liaising and co-ordinating other missile function as required.
- Close working with the missile function to ensure coherence across the evolving missile concept options.
Lead Concept Engineer skills and qualifications required:
- Previous systems engineering experience and a proven track record of working and delivering in a complex engineering environment.
- Ability to make progress and manage technical packages with an expected level of technical and user uncertainty, delivering these on time, quality, and cost.
- Good communication skills with a flexible approach to team-working within the Systems Team. Capable of liaising with colleagues at all levels across engineering functions.
- Someone that enjoys a unique challenge and an ability to manage risk appropriately and effectively. Can react flexibly to changing needs and adjust to ensure aims can be redefined and achieved.
- Ability to think laterally and with initiative to develop new ideas, architectures and concepts.
- A positive attitude towards problem solving and developing solutions.
- Experience of the British Army and land domain is useful.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.